Campaign Status Overview
AAkonsult Campaign Status Defaults for Salesforce CRM provides a simple way to default Campaign Status’s based on a predefined set.
After installing AAkonsult Campaign Status from the AppExchange, navigate to the “AAkonsult Campaign Status” in the top left hand corner.
From the Campaign Status Default Tab, Add a new Campaign Type an press Save.
Now add a list of default Campaign Status’s that you would like to use for this campaign.
Campaign Status Usage
Simply create a new campaign that has a campaign type, or change and existing campaign and the Campaign Member Status’s will be updated based on the defaults previously setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
The App does not appear to be working.
- The App only works when a New Campaign is created, or if the Campaign “Type” field is changed. It does NOT go through all current campaigns
- Make sure you are on the latest release – see Version Updates list below
- Make sure you’ve setup the Campaign Status – defaults by Type using the Campaign Status App. AFTER that, then change the campaign status.
- Make sure you have a one default campaign status setup, plus have at least one marked as responded
- Check the “Campaign Status Error Log” to see if there are any errors in the log.
- Make sure you have “Marketing User” checkbox enabled on your user record.
- If you have other Apps installed that are also using the Campaign Object, then check with those vendors to see if there is any errors or something preventing the updates
- Try disabling validation rules on the Campaign and Campaign Member objects
- If you have any required fields at the database level on the Campaign, try making these not required.
- If you have any filtered lookup fields on the Campaign object, try disabling these.
Please read through a check all of the above before contacting our support. This is a free App that we have made publicly available to help the wider community, so please help us to keep this free by using our support sparingly.
Order sequence is not being applied?
The order sequence will only be applied when campaign status’s are added to a Campaign. For existing Campaigns, you will need to first remove the current status’s and then re-trigger the update by changing the Campaign Type to something different, then back again.
The reasons for the way this works is due to campaign member status inbuilt restrictions.
Can I use Record Types instead of Campaign Type?
AAkonsult Campaign Status was designed to work with as many versions of Salesforce CRM as possible. As record types are not available in all versions, it works only with Campaign Type field. However, you could still just have selected Campaign Type picklist values per record type and in effect do the same thing. If this does not match exactly because you are using Campaign Types for something different, then perhaps consider moving your current Campaign Types to a custom picklist field.
What does the Sequence Number do?
The sequence number determines the order the status’s will be created in. For example, if you would like to order the status by Invited, RSVP – Yes, Attended, Cancelled – then you could assign sequence numbers of Invited (10), RSVP – Yes (20), Attended (30), Cancelled (40).
What does Replace All mean?
The replace all will replace all existing status’s. Including the default of Sent and Responded that salesforce creates as default for all Campaigns. However, should a status already be used against a Campaign Member then it cannot be removed.
Salesforce will be disabling the TLS 1.0 encryption protocol in March, 2017. Will this impact AAkonsult Campaign Status?
AAkonsult Campaign Status is a native application to Salesforce and does not have any 3rd party integrations. No, it will not be impacted by this change.
Will AAkonsult Campaign Status work With Lightning/Will Campaign Status work with Classic
Yes to both of these. Make sure you are on version 1.8 or higher for lightning. Most of the functionality of the App is when a new Campaign is created or the Campaign Type field is changed and therefore most of the functionality happens behind the scenes. The maintenance of the status’s uses a technique that allows the forms to work with Lightning or Classic.
Are you using picklist api values or labels
The App has been around for a while now and precedes the picklist API values. We are using labels. Our recommendation is to keep both values the same.
I’ve installed AAkonsult Campaign Status and have setup some defaults. However, when I look at the campaign, the defaults do not seem to have been applied.
The defaults are only applied to new Campaigns, or Campaigns where the Campaign Type has changed. If you want to apply the defaults to an existing campaign,then you can change the Campaign Type to something different – Save. Then change it back to its original and save.
If you have many campaigns to change, then you can look at tools such as the Salesforce data loader to do the changes in bulk – please consult Salesforce online help or support for information on data loader.
June 2018 – version 1.8
- Made Lightning Ready
- Errors now go into new object – Campaign Status Error Log
- Tweaks to updates as somethings there could be issues with changing of default status
- Updated Tab/App Logo
- Added custom metadata so triggers can be turned on / off
- Move @future updates to @schedulable to avoid conflicts with other Apps
June 2016 – version 1.7
- Added ability to clone Campaign Status Defaults and related Values
- Updated logos and tab styles
- Updated help page to point to this blog post